Tomorrow night is the annual midnight cruise in Branson. Midnight is the perfect time to crawl out of your air conditioned hole during the heat wave. All police units will be on the prowl including helping hands from the Sheriff's department and Missouri Highway Patrol. Needless to say, the burnout contest that ensues annually on the strip (with the help of tourists who supply bleach) happens to be a large money making venture for our local law enforcement agencies.
Things sometimes get a little whild so scope out what part of the strip you want to be on before you settle in. Here's the whole schedule:
* Hundreds of beautiful cars will be on display at The Shepherd of the Hills on Thursday, Friday and Saturday at the Show n’ Shine from 8am to 5pm
* We are expecting another “capacity year,” with over 500 cars registered over the course of this three-day event
* Entertainment throughout the day, including a live DJ, karaoke, and exciting food and auto vendors
* Meet James Best, Sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane, from the original Dukes of Hazzard TV show, on Friday and Saturday, who will unveil his own personal Hazzard County Police Cruiser for the first time ever
* Friday night, James Best will host a special screening of three of the most popular “Dukes of Hazzard” episodes, and will take your questions about his time on the series – seating is limited, so get your tickets early at the gate!
* See The General Lee and the Daisy Duke Jeep, and new this year – Star Cars, including K.I.T.T. from Knight Rider and Starsky and Hutch Gran Torinos
* See two of the top point cars from the MLRA circuit
* Tickets are available for rides in the General Lee on both Friday and Saturday – times and tickets are limited so be the first in line!
* Those who ride in the General Lee or attend Friday night’s “Dukes of Hazzard” screening with James Best will be in a drawing for three people who will ride in the General Lee in the Midnight Cruise, and one fan who will ride with James Best in his personal “Rosco Cruiser” in the Midnight Cruise
* Single day, multi-day, and family pass tickets are available at the gate
* Saturday afternoon at 4:00 pm will be the Best of Show Awards Presentation in the Pavilion Theatre
* Saturday night the Super Summer Midnight Cruise will roll, giving fans a chance to see these gorgeous cars in action
* The cruise will begin at Hwy. 76 and Gretna Road and will head west making a right turn on The Shepherd of the Hills Expressway and running to BT Bones Restaurant, more than three miles!
* The cruise is free to the public, and visitors need to be prepared as the police will be blocking off the cruise route by 11:30pm , so pick your spot early